TAKE YOUR FIRST SHOTS
- More than 19 million Americans safely participate in target shooting. To learn more about handgun, rifle and shotgun sports, join us for a First Shots® seminar. Safety in the Crosshairs and the National Shooting Sports Foundation will provide all necessary firearms, ammunition and safety equipment.You never forget your First Shots®. The biggest challenge for new shooters is getting started. First Shots® makes getting started in target shooting very easy. Firearm safety, education and responsibility will be addressed during this classroom and live-fire event. For more information on First Shots®, visit www.nssf.org/ranges/first-shots/. Attendees must be 16 years or older and legally permitted to possess a firearm and/or air-gun as per NYS law.
At a First Shots® seminar, you’ll receive:
- An educational introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
- A clear understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
- Individual and group training
- A rundown of shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
- A chance to give shooting a try!
The First Shots® program is made possible through the support and sponsorship of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The program’s mission is to promote responsible firearm ownership through introductory seminars that focus on local and state requirements coupled with a hands-on activity, and delivered by and at NSSF partner ranges
You never forget your First Shots®. Learn about the sport of target shooting using shotguns and rifles. This class is geared towards the individual that has little to no experience with shooting a shotgun or rifle. We will provide you with a 22 caliber rifle, 20 gauge shotgun, ear and eye protection, ammunition, and targets. The first half of this course is held in the classroom going over basic safety fundamentals as well as the basics of rifle and shotgun shooting (Grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control). We then break the class into groups and head onto the range to put those fundamentals to use, with a supervised course of fire to install confidence on the firing line. This class is not focused on accuracy but more on developing safe habits and confidence when shooting at our range or any other.
Classes are limited to 20 shooters per class; registration and prepayment is required.