TAKE YOUR FIRST SHOTS
- More than 19 million Americans safely participate in target shooting. To learn more about handgun, rifle and shotgun sports, join us for a First Shots® seminar. Safety in the Crosshairs and the National Shooting Sports Foundation will provide all necessary firearms, ammunition and safety equipment.You never forget your First Shots®. The biggest challenge for new shooters is getting started. First Shots® makes getting started in target shooting very easy. Firearm safety, education and responsibility will be addressed during this classroom and live-fire event. For more information on First Shots®, visit www.nssf.org/ranges/first-shots/. Attendees must be 16 years or older and legally permitted to possess a firearm and/or air-gun as per NYS law.
At a First Shots® seminar, you’ll receive:
- An educational introduction to the safe and recreational use of firearms
- A clear understanding of the local requirements for owning and purchasing a firearm
- Individual and group training
- A rundown of shooting sports opportunities for all levels of interest
- A chance to give shooting a try!
The First Shots® program is made possible through the support and sponsorship of the National Shooting Sports Foundation. The program’s mission is to promote responsible firearm ownership through introductory seminars that focus on local and state requirements coupled with a hands-on activity, and delivered by and at NSSF partner ranges
You never forget your First Shots®. Learn about the sport of target shooting using shotguns and rifles. This class is geared towards the individual that has little to no experience with shooting a shotgun or rifle. We will provide you with a 22 caliber rifle, 20 gauge shotgun, ear and eye protection, ammunition, and targets. The first half of this course is held in the classroom going over basic safety fundamentals as well as the basics of rifle and shotgun shooting (Grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture and trigger control). We then break the class into groups and head onto the range to put those fundamentals to use, with a supervised course of fire to install confidence on the firing line. This class is not focused on accuracy but more on developing safe habits and confidence when shooting at our range or any other.
Classes are limited to 20 students per class; registration and prepayment is required.
Students MUST arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled class start in order to attend. Do not bring personal equipment or firearms into the store or classroom unless asked to do so by SITC staff. While we do encourage students to bring in their own firearms, No loaded guns or live ammunition are permitted in the class room. Thank you!
Waivers and ID: All students are required to sign a waiver prior to taking any course given by SITC. LLC or its instructors.
All students must present a Driver’s license or other identification which has a photo and shows name, D.O.B., place of residence.
Minors: Any student between the ages of 10 and 17 must have a parent or guardian present on the range at all times.
SITC Training Course Cancellation and No-Show Policy:
Customers who wish to cancel or reschedule their course enrollment must do so a minimum of seven days prior to the scheduled course date in order to receive a full refund or to be rescheduled to another course date free of charge.
For cancellations received within seven days of the scheduled course no full refunds will be issued. Customers wishing to reschedule for another currently listed course date can do so, but will incur a $25 rescheduling fee. Customers also have the option to receive store credit for the course less the $25 rescheduling fee.
Failure to attend the course (no-show), or cancellations received up to 24 hours prior to the course, will not receive a refund. Customers who wish to reschedule will be required to pay the course fee again.
SITC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses, seminars, clinics, or events at any time. If we are forced to reschedule due to unforeseen circumstances or conditions beyond our control, students are entitled to a full refund or can be rescheduled to a future class date at no charge. ANY cancellation notice will be given via the phone number or email address you provide at the time of enrollment, please be sure you are providing the absolute best means for SITC to contact you.
Contact SITC @ 845-856-6759 more information, or to reschedule.